- Make sure sporting equipment is dry and at room temperature
- Install 9V battery into battery housing before applying to sporting equipment to test the LED lights and ensure product was not damaged in shipping. (Make sure the 9V battery is snapped into the battery connector securely and flipped around so that the connector is pressed against the back end of the battery housing. The excess wire needs to be tucked on top of the 9V battery - this will allow for a flush watertight seal).
- Decide the layout you want for your LED lights (LED lights need to be applied in a straight line. Trying to curve the LED lights will not allow proper adhesion). Keep in mind the placement of the battery housing in correlation to the length of the battery housing lead wire
For example, the battery housing should be tucked in close to the bindings for snowboard and ski applications.
- Clean surface area where the LED lights and battery housing(s) will be applied first using a wet washcloth. After your sporting equipment has dried, use the included alcohol swab to clean areas once more.
- Apply the included adhesive promoter packet to areas where the LED lights and battery housing(s) are to be installed.
- Let adhesive promoter set for up to three minutes and then apply LED lights by slowly peeling off the protective film on the back as you firmly press the LED lights onto your sporting equipment. Once the LED lights are in place, go back over them firmly with your thumb to ensure proper adhesion throughout the entire length of the LED light strip(s).
- Remove the protective film from the adhesive tape on the back of the battery box and apply to your sporting equipment by pressing firmly.
- Keep sporting equipment at room temperature for 24-48 hours on a flat surface to allow adhesive to bond.
- If LED lights need to be shortened to correctly fit your particular sporting equipment the LED light strips can be cut after every second LED diode between the copper pads. If cutting is necessary, it is recommended that you seal the cut end with silicone (silicone not included).